Temporary Work/Travel - ImmiVisa
Hi, How Can We Help You?
  • Address: 2901 Bluegrass Boulevard Suite 200-45, Lehi, UT 84043
  • Email Address: [email protected]

Temporary Work/Travel

Temporary Work/Travel Visas

If you wish to enter the United States for a temporary period of time for either work or travel, you must apply for and obtain a nonimmigrant visa. There are several different types of nonimmigrant visas for temporary work or travel, all of which are classified according the purpose of your visit. Each nonimmigrant visa will dictate the terms of your stay in the USA, including the activities you are permitted to engage in and the duration of your time there.

B1 Business Visitor visas allow individuals to visit the U.S. to participate in commercial transactions such as contract negotiations and consultations, so long as they do not receive a salary or remuneration.

B2 Visitor Visas are granted for visits related to recreational activities, tourism or medical treatment.

Both these visas usually allow a stay in the USA for six months, but can be granted for up to one year.

Students who wish to obtain nonimmigrant visas must be registered with the Student and Exchange Visitor Immigration System (SEVIS) program. SEVIS requires the institution to report certain information about the student, including when they complete a programme of study.

(F) Student Visas allow foreign individuals to attend a U.S. institution of learning. This includes elementary, middle school, undergraduate, postgraduate, post-secondary  non-vocational and high school levels, as well as other eligible courses of study. Student visas are valid for the duration of studies;

(M) Student Visas are reserved for students who plan on attending vocational or technical schools in the United States;

(J) Exchange Visitor Visas are for professors, research scholars, trainees or interns, certain university students, teachers, camp consolers and au pairs, among others.

The E visa category includes treaty traders and investors who come to the United States under a treaty of commerce and navigation between the United States and the country of which they are a citizen or national. The E visa category also includes Australian specialty occupation workers.

E-1 Treaty Trader allows national of countries to work in the U.S. in which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with. To be eligible, you must have a sizeable flow of international trade between the U.S and the foreign country.

E-2 Treaty Investor allows individuals who have invested, or are actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States to enter to solely develop and direct the investment enterprise.

E-3 specialty occupation employment visas for positions requiring highly specialized knowledge and the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent for nationals of Australia.

H-1B Specialty Occupations is a nonimmigrant classification which applies to people who wish to perform services in a specialty occupation, services of exceptional merit and ability relating to a Department of Defence (DOD) cooperative research and development project, or services as a fashion model of distinguished merit or ability.

H-1B1 specialty occupation employment visas for positions requiring highly specialized knowledge and the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent for nationals of Chile and Singapore.

H-2B visa for temporary workers performing other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal nature.

L-1A intracompany transferees who work in a managerial or executive position in a company that is located outside of the United States.

L-1B intracompany transferees who work in positions requiring specialized knowledge.

L-1 Blanket Petition for multinational companies used for the frequent transfer of non-U.S. employees to a related U.S. company.

The O-1 Extraordinary Ability nonimmigrant visa is for an individual who possesses extraordinary ability in sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or who has a demonstrated record of extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry and has been recognized nationally or internationally for those achievements.

O-1A for individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, education, business, or athletics.

O-1B for individuals with extraordinary ability in the arts (also includes musicians and social media influencers, etc.) or extraordinary achievement in the motion picture or television industry.

P-1 visas for performing athletes, artists, and entertainers.

R-1 visas for temporary religious workers.

TN visas for professionals from Canada and Mexico to work in the United States.

Dedicated Team

Throughout you’ll have a dedicated team supporting you who truly care.

Great Support

At ImmiVisa, we want to offer you Immigration Made Simple helping from A to Z.

Our Promise

We strive to make your visa and immigration story a success, alike our other clients.

Our Temporary Work/Travel Team